Moisture Assessment and Control
Bacteria and Endotoxin
AssessmentVisual / olfactory assessment
Surface samples of visual mold growth
Air sampling to assess exposure and content cleaning requirements
Destructive testing to determine extent of mold growth concealed in building cavities
MitigationPrimary and secondary engineering controls
Mechanical removal of mold growth (zero or minimal use of biocides)
Cleaning of particulates from indoor air and surfaces
A shrink wrap containment, on the exterior of a three story hospital, that was used during removal of mold contaminated building materials.
CLICK FOR LARGER IMAGE. Illustration depicting a typical exterior containment setup for the project. During mitigation activities we measured the pressure in the exterior containment with respect to the building air using a multi-port micro-manometer together with data collection software.
NOTE: The underlying moisture problem(s) must be correctly identified and mitigated or mold growth will recur.
- Infrared thermography
- Building material mositure content measurements
- Concrete water vapor emissions measurements
- Indoor and outdoor air temperature, relative humidity and dewpoint data-logging
- Building material surface temperature and dewpoint analysis
- ASTM and AWMA water testing of windows and other building envelope elements to identify defect, and develop cost effective repair plans